In our technology world where productivity drives the bottom line more than ever, every service professional find a way to attract management’s attention. Implementation of a computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) is now considered a given for many operations, though it’s sometimes not enough.
A recent survey says, nearly 25% of CMMS users are utilizing mobile technology. So, that’s it. Here are a few practical tips, if applied, you are soon to discover the power to greatly ramp up your workers’ productivity and streamline workflows right at your fingertips.
First, lets’ see how applying a Cloud CMMS benefits maintenance managers and engineers
• Work orders are being communicated to the appropriate individuals in no time.
• Say adieu to time-consumption- no more manual entry and paper notes.
• Go digital: create, edit and upload work orders from anywhere, anytime.
• Apart from checking real time inventory, monitor the availability of spare parts and updating records as supply changes.
• Scan Barcodes from anywhere to understand Asset Management Software and performance history.
Besides, here are the following 3 tips to assure a successful Cloud CMMS system:
Secured management: Always consider the employee’s view point. If they sense any “wiggle room” in choice of technologies, sure that’s a pitfall. So, plan for a training and let employees know you’ve incorporated that into your planning.
Stages of training: Begin your training with internal leaders. These are people who are early adopters, researchers and learn new processes. Take advantage of them. Plus, divide your training sessions into shorter lessons that are higher in frequency to account for attention span and information retention limits.
Keep your old systems Alive: Make sure the mobile technology is working smoothly before going for a permanent switchover. And most of all, as mentioned earlier, check if your employees are comfortable with the interface and input process and that all hardware and software is functioning as intended.