New to the industry, Bamboo is quickly finding a home in fashion. Why? It is simple, bamboo brings unmatched characteristics to the table. Lets jump right in, the top 10 characteristics of bamboo starting from number 10:
10) Bamboo has a natural silky sheen it gives off as well as the hanging quality of the material as it drapes the body.
9) The lightweight and breathable quality of bamboo is a nice change from the heavy feel of cotton.
8) Bamboo is a moisture wicking fabric, meaning unless you jump into a pool of water or get rained on, the wicking property of this material will keep you dry more than other natural materials.
7) Bamboo has antimicrobial properties which kills or inhibits the growth of microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi, or protozoans, as well as destroying viruses.
6) Bamboo has antibacterial properties which destroys bacteria or suppresses their growth or their ability to reproduce.
5) Bamboo is naturally UV protective.
4) Because bamboo is one of the fastest growing woody plants in the world, it is able to replenish itself more quickly than most plants making it 100% sustainable and more sustainable than cotton.
3) All these characteristics combined make up this unique fabric which breaths better and is lightweight therefore keeping your body 2 to 3 degrees cooler than cotton.
2) 100% Organic! Bamboo does not need all the chemicals that cotton needs to grow efficiently, therefore saving the environment from destructive herbicides and pesticides, revitalizing soil fertility and producing a biologically diverse agriculture.
1) and the #1 unique property of bamboo in my mind, is what is going to keep this product in high demand for years to come. Along with its organic property, Bamboo is softer than the softest cotton, and stays soft for as long as you own it. This is the one physical property you notice day after day. Once you have the chance to enjoy this material on your back, no other material comes close.
So in the test of fad vs. long run. I believe this material will be at the top of the game for years to come.
Thank you for reading this article, I hope it has been of some value. If you have any questions please feel free to email be through my website below.