How to do if the root password of a device is lost, for Huawei MA5600 series, such as MA5680T ?
After using the device, the user may change the default user name and password. If all the users forget their password, resolve the problem by using the following method 1. If any other user can log in to the device, resolve the problem by using the following method 2.
Method 1: Load the empty database matched the device again. After restarting the device, log in to the system by using the default root password admin(OLT) or mduadmin(MDU).
This method will lead to loss of data configurations and the user needs to configure the data again.
Method 2: If the device is managed by the NMS (Network Management Server), modify
the configuration file on the NMS as follows:
1. Back up the configuration file of the device on the NMS.
2. Open the configuration file and find out the record of changing the root password, as
shown in boldface in the following display.
terminal user name buildrun_new lww231 *[)!AAYS*Y&aU86K;V-a@AUA!!* 1
:17:07:25 2009:06:04:17:07:25 root 2 6
terminal user name buildrun_new bmsmpls *[4P]`OUIa%=[G]0U3=OWJY1!!* 0
08:15:01:02 2009:06:08:15:01:02 root 3 65535
adsl mode switch-to
vdsl mode switch-to normal
3. Delete the boldface part and then save the configuration file.
4. Load the modified configuration file to the system through the NMS and activate the
5. Log in to the device by using the default root password admin(Huawei OLT) or mduadmin