Getting married is hopefully the most important day of your life and you will definitely want to keep all the memories of your day alive as best you can. The brides are more excited for this special day as they wear the most beautiful wedding gown on this occasion, but one small flub is enough to bring out the bridezilla in even the calmest of women. So the problem occurs how to preserve your wedding gown?
How to preserve your bridal dress?
A wedding gown is an evergreen reminder of your wedding day. Whenever you look at it, you relive the day when you walked down the aisle wearing that beautiful wedding gown and your groom and everybody else looked at you in awe and admiration.
It usually takes a bride a long time to find the perfect wedding gown for her D-day that matches her expectations. Hence we all do like to preserve our wedding dress for years to come. Let’s see how we can keep our wedding dress intact.
1. After the wedding is over, send the wedding dress for dry cleaning within two weeks. Select a dry cleaner that has experience and expertise in preserving wedding gowns.
2. To preserve a synthetic fiber wedding dress, use buffered archival paper and use the non-buffered archival paper for a natural fiber bridal gown.
3. Keep the sponge padding of the dress and the metal buttons covered with fabric away from the wedding dress as the metal over a period of time gets oxidized which in turn can ruin the look of the wedding dress. Hence store them separately.
4. Put premium quality tissue papers in between the folds of the dress to prevent it from getting wrinkles.
5. Buy an air-sealed storage box and store the Simple Wedding Dresses in the box.
6. Keep the box in a clean closet away from dampness, humidity, and dust.
So, if you are also going to be married then, keep these things remember for your bridal gown.