3. Not all art is contained in between walls at the Philadelphia, PA
Museum of Art. These steps were fantastically painted for a Salvador
Dali exhibition in 2005 and are a masterpiece in themselves.
4. This staircase is another beautiful display of art in Valparaiso, Chile.
The detail of the houses and the ocean views is absolutely stunning.
5. In Seoul, South Korea is this amazing flight of steps. Colorful koi fish
are painted in orange, red, and yellow tones that stand out against the
very vibrant blue hue of the stairs.
6. Wuppertal, Germany is home to a set of 112 steps that are known as
the Holsteiner Stairs. With the wide array of bright colors, it's almost like
walking on a rainbow. The stairs also feature a collection of powerful
German words painted on them, which translate to English phrases like,
It's okay to forgive innocence, because and to laugh.”
7. Sicily, Italy: This historic staircase in Italy was constructed in 1608
and is made up of many ceramic tiles. It's been used as a backdrop
for plenty of festivals and images are illustrated using thousands of
flowers or candles.
8. The detail on these Rio de Janeiro, Brazil steps are insane. The face
looks so life-like and the eyes practically stare straight through you.
9. In Beirut, Lebanon you can find these steps painted in a rainbow of
colors that resemble piano keys. There is almost a kind of rugged
beauty about them.
10. These beautiful painted stairs aren't just for show; walking up them
will lead you to a musical theatre in Seoul, South Korea. The painting of
the woman is stunning, the contrasting black, white, and bright pink
colors making for an eye catching effect.
11. Stairs of Peace in Syria. Syrian students painted a fantastic pattern
on the longest staircase in their town with some very vibrant colors. They
hoped the display would produce joyful feelings in the locals who were undergoing hardships.
12. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This world famous staircase, known as
Escadaria Selaron, was painted by a Chilean artist.
13. Angers, France. These steps in France were part of an amazing
origami street art exhibit. The way the paper creations color the steps
is stunning and surreal-like.
14. Istanbul, Turkey. This bright rainbow staircase in Istanbul is nothing
short of astounding.
15. In Morlaix, France, you can walk up these steps that double as an
amazing piece of art work. The painting of the woman is fantastic and,
even with neutral tones, it still stands out in a breath taking way.
16. Tehran, Iran. This floral stairway in Iran is simply stunning, with
beautiful floral designs and a neat layered look.
17. Beirut, Lebanon. You can't help but smile when looking at these
brightly colored steps in Lebanon. Now, I don’t know about you, but I’m exhausted. I’m going home to my den, kicking off my walking shoes, lay
back in my recliner and take a snooze.